Sacred Heart Personal Hospital, Lantoro, was established in 1895, about 124 years ago. It is the oldest existing medical hospital in Nigeria. The hospital was established by Catholic Missionaries and presently under the proprietorship of Most Revd. Dr. Peter Olukayode Odetoyinbo who took over from the now Archbishop of the Metropolitan See of Lagos, the Most Revd. Alfred Adewale Martins. The hospital is a 300 bed hospital with Dr. Kehinde Sowole as the first indigenous Medical Director. Sacred Heart Hospital os the off-shot of many other Catholic hospitals in and around the state and presently has annexes at Aiyetoro, Ajebo, Ilaro, Ado-Odo and Ajilete all in Ogun State.